The Regional Police Officer (RPO), as the head of the Punjab Police, is also ex-officio Secretary to the Provincial Government and exercises administrative and financial powers as envisaged under Police Order 2002. All officers under his command assist him in the performance of his duties as admissible under the law. At the level of Central Police Office (CPO), he is assisted by several staff officers and heads of attached police units who deal with various functions and assigned responsibilities. Such entrustments are aimed at efficient and effective internal administration and better public service delivery.
- Assurance for effective public service delivery
- Strategic management and advanced scenario planning
- Institutional and collaborative decision making
- Empowerment and accountability
- Expeditious and timely disposal of business
- Bottom-up management for initiatives
- Development of standards and professionalism